Monday, December 28, 2009

gone...

Its an odd feeling when someone you know and love is just gone. Its final.

You'll never see the character lines in their face or hear the pitch of their voice again.

Those final words that reached your ears, etch themselves into your mind like a knife cutting through your soul. Forever changed, forever damaged. Real curiosities like, what could I have done differently or what was their true meaning. Was each word chosen because time was limited, or did they just flow out of her lips on a wave of air effortlessly. Such few breaths left, the time in which they were spoken, still and quiet.

I miss my mom. Her house seems empty. The hospital where she died, a brick cage for ghosts that never seems to release. My heart alittle darker in colour and tone, sad. Her pictures hanging on the wall, now lifeless and just moments in a life that has ended.

It has only been a few day, a few hours, a few minutes, but everything is strange and different. The world is a little less yellow and green.

I look for her behind me, I ask for her sign, I want to be haunted, but she's gone. This world is now just an echo in her ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment