Sunday, December 13, 2009

top five Corus radio programs...

1.   Kim Mitchell, afteroons on Q107.  the stories, the guitar breaks, the lack of pretense. 

2.  Alan Cross, "the ongoing history of new music" on The Edge.  what can i say, i can listen to Alan pretty much talk about anything.

3.  John Oakley, mornings on AM640.  "I will follow...."

4.  Jeff Woods, "the legends of classic rock".  that voice.  that life experience.  he does the work.

5.  Mike Stafford, "640".  respect Mike.  respect.

(following close behind....  Fearless Fred afternoons on The Edge.  this guy has the uncanny ability to drop me into a conversation without feeling outside of it.  he has a bit of the everyman that i like...)

4 comments:

  1. What about Jian's "Q" show on the CBC? I remember you videotaping him when he played in Tall New Buildings at The Big Bop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey anon... i must know you. i completely agree, Jian's show is great broadcasting... however, this was a list of Corus programs. I will do my favorite all round radio shows at a later date. and was it really The Big Bop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We lived in the same house on Elgin St. (but not at the same time), we went to the same high school & we both know Jian, but you don't know me. I'm pretty sure it was the Bop, since I walked there from the WCTU on Gerrard St. & my feet hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. we lived in the same house....? cool. i loved that house... i loved the trees.

    you walked all that way... my feet would still hurt.

    well, lovely to meet you this way. if you speak to jian still, give him my regards. i haven't seen him in years....

    ReplyDelete